After an order is processed in Restaurant Mode, two receipts will print. One receipt is for the customer to keep and one receipt is for the customer to sign, add a tip and return to the employee. The tip on the receipt will need to be added and the order closed before running Finalize Day at the end of the event.
How to process a transaction with a tip adjustment
Note: If the tab is processed as a cash transaction, select the sync button next to the printer icon to sync that transaction.
- At the end of the night, all pending orders must be processed by clicking the Credit Card Icon in the top right corner of Activate.
- Once selected, the 'All Orders' page will load.
- Select 'Pending Closed' to see the orders that are waiting for the tip on the receipt to be entered.
- Scroll through the list of orders to find the order that matches the receipt. If there are many orders, use the search field at the top to enter in all or part of the 'Order ID' from the receipt to find the corresponding order.
- Click the order to pull up the details and then select 'Add Tip/Close Check.'
- Enter the tip amount that the customer wrote on the receipt. If they did not add a tip, enter in 0.00 and then click 'Finalize Order.'