During an event, Guided Access can be enabled to prevents individuals from using the iPad for anything other than the KDS or Activate app.
Turn On/Off Guided Access:
- From the device home screen, select the 'Settings' app.
- Go to the 'General' section and choose 'Accessibility' > 'Learning' > 'Guided Access.'
- Toggle Guided Access to the 'On' position to enable.
- Enable the 'Mirror Display Auto-Lock' option to ensure the screen does not go to sleep.
- Select 'Passcode Settings' to set a 6 digit passcode to be used to turn the access on/off.
Activate While in App:
- Navigate to the incoming orders screen
- Triple-click the home button.
- Select the area that will not be accessible once enabled.
- Press start in the top right corner.
- Now when someone tries to access that area or button, they will have to enter the passcode.
Note: Please remember and save the 6-Digit Passcode.