What is a Layout?
A Layout allows the entire Venue's settings to be changed on an event-by-event basis. It will change attributes such as Accounts, Vendors and Menu Items.
Layouts can also program seating charts into the system that can be used for Mobile Ordering.
Note: The system is set to ‘Default’ layout upon set up and all programming will correspond to this layout by default. The name of this layout can be changed if needed.
Edit the Existing Layout
- Log in to Connect and click 'Layouts' on the left side menu.
- Find the specific layout to edit and then click on the 'Edit' button.
- From here, edit the Section/Row/Seat Titles.
- The first level within the selected layout shows the defined sections.
Adding a New Level to an Existing Layout
To add a new level, click ‘Add Level' to see the following options:
- Name of level: Ex: Suites, 100 level, 200 level
- Type of section: Numbered or lettered
- Range of section: Designate starting and ending section for level (Ex: 200 to 220)
- Type of rows: Numbered or lettered
- Average number of rows in each section: Select the row with the most sections and make that the average, then delete extra rows after level creation
- Type of seat: Numbered or lettered
- Average number of seats: Input the average number of seats per row. Add/delete seats as needed after level creation
Adding a New Section, Row, and/or Seat to a Level in Layouts
Once a new Level has been created within a Layout, Sections, Rows, and Seats can be added. Layouts are layered and must be created in order in the following manner: Layout > Level > Section > Row > Seat.
Therefore, to add a new Section, Row, and/or Seat, you can follow the steps below.
- Select the preferred Layout.
- Select the preferred Level:
- For a new Section, click 'Add Section' in the top right.
- For a new Row, click on an existing Section. Then click 'Add Row.'
- For a new Seat, click on an existing Row. Then click 'Add Seat.'
Assigning new Sections, Rows, and Seats to the Vendor
Once the Levels have been created, they must be assigned to the preferred vendor to appear in Activate.
- In Connect, select the Vendors tab.
- Choose the preferred Vendor.
- Select the Serves tab to see which Levels, Sections, etc are needed for the Vendor.
- When the checkmark is active, the section, row or seat will appear in Activate.