What is an Employee Role?
Employee Roles define settings for the accounts that Employees use within the Activate system.
Note: Permissions Sets must be created before creating an Employee Role.
How to create an Employee Role
- Login to Connect and select 'Options' from the left side menu.
- Click on 'Employee Roles' from the 'Options' drop down menu and then click on 'Add Employee Role' in the upper right corner.
- Fill out the Employee Role settings and then finish by clicking 'Add Employee Role.'
The 'General' tab sets the basic Employee Role settings.
- Role Name: Name the position or behavior the account will have once logged into Activate.
- Permissions Sets: Select the Permissions Sets that should be assigned to the Employee Role.
- Profile Type: POS mode is used most often, but there is also a Restaurant mode option.
- Default Offline Mode: Determine what offline mode the terminal and associated accounts will operate on by default.
- Offline Order Editing: By selecting 'Yes,' tips will be recorded on the printed receipt and added to the Order total later.
- Offline Order Limit: The maximum order total that will allow an order to be processed offline. All orders greater than the entered amount will be forced to use Online mode and sync in real time.
- Request Timeout: The time frame an order will attempt to sync before the devices switch to offline mode to process when the connection is more stable.
- Itemized Auto Print: When a printer is enabled and an order is placed, the printer associated will automatically print out 1 receipt for POS and KDS terminals. For additional receipts, the print option can be selected for the order on the device.
- Enable Auto Complete Option: Enables Auto Complete for orders.
- Orders Auto Complete: If marked 'Yes,' Orders will automatically change to completed when the transaction processes. This is mainly used for Point of Sale scenarios. If marked 'No,' the Orders will need to be completed on the KDS app. This is commonly used in delivery/pickup Mobile App scenarios.
- Orders Auto Complete Minute: If auto complete is selected, this is the length of time the Order will have until it is automatically marked as completed.
- Submit Orders By: Select how an Order will be identified and distributed by the KDS.
- Employee Name: Use the name of the Employee that is logged into the POS terminal.
- Card Holder: Use the name associated to the credit card used for payment.
- Device Name: Use the name assigned to the terminal when initially setup.
- First Screen: The first screen that employee will see in Activate (All, Food, Drink, etc).
- Printing Preset: Print receipts in Standard or Restaurant mode.
- Shared Account: Enable if the Account will be used to allow multiple employees to login by their PIN.
- Is Manager: Gives account Admin status.
- Time Clock Only Mode:
- Force Logout After Transaction:
- Seat Required: Prompts user for seat before order is final. If receiving an error stating, 'no level was found, check internet connection', disable this setting.
- Require Seat Confirmation: Require a seat to be confirmed when ordering.
- Enable Barcode Scanner: Enable the use of the barcode scanner.
- Special Instructions: When enabled, this option will allow users to send a note along with a specific item on the order.
- Kiosk Mode: Enables the Kiosk feature to view the KDS order statuses in Activate.
- Parking Pass Mode: Enables Parking Pass mode.
- Bank Capabilities: Enables Bank Capabilities in User Cash Room.
- Enable Split Checks: Allow checks to be split by item when using Check Sync. See Split Check Setup in Connect.
- VFD LINE 1:
- VFD LINE 2:
- Enable Login Message:
- Refresh Timer: How often the terminal will check in with the server for updates (300 - 86400 seconds max)
- Maximum Allowable Custom Discount Value Per Item:
- Maximum Allowable Custom Discount Value for Cart:
- Inactivity Timeout: The amount of time allowed before the screen goes to the screensaver.
- Inactivity Warning Duration: Configure the amount of time in seconds the warning will display.
- Require Pager Number:
- Allow Price Changes For Orders:
- Allow Price Changes For Returns:
- Logo Image: Upload the company or team's logo.
- Automatically return to menu (seconds): Configure the time that will elapse before Interact returns to the Touch to Order screen.
The 'Checkout' tab sets what the employee can see when on the checkout screen.
- Digital Signature: The option to have the signature line on the screen.
- Signature Amount: Minimum amount that requires the customer to sign.
- View Split Out Transaction Totals: Enables the ability to view split totals.
- Allow Adding Items While Accepting Payment: Enables adding items to the cart when checking out.
- Promo Enabled: Enables the use of promos.
- Require Manager Pin for Codes: Requires a manager PIN when using codes.
- Process Transaction Before Signature: Enable the ability to process the transaction before the customer signs.
- Voucher Auto print: Enables the voucher to auto print.
- Require Pin to Remove Stored Card from A Tab: Requires a manager pin to remove the stored credit card from checks.
- Require Both Swiped Card Tracks: An extra level of security when swiping cards for transactions.
- Require Supervisor Approval For Transactions Including Returned Items:
- Require Scan Or Manual Item Entry On Returns:
- Restrict All Tenders During Refund:
- Auto Print Item Notes:
- Allow Roundup for Charity/Donation: Enables the Roundup for Charity option during checkout.
- Allow Stacking of Unique Discount: Enables ability to apply multiple discounts to the same transaction.
The 'Fee/Tip/Tax' tab customizes what can be added to the order total.
- Convenience Fee: Enables a Convenience Fee.
- Fee Type: Determines if the fee will be a flat rate or a percentage of the order.
- Fee Amount: Enter the fee amount or percentage.
- Fee Name: The label that will be used to identify the fee on receipts.
- Fee Rounding: Enables the Fee Rounding feature.
- Tip Enabled: Select 'At Charge' to enable tips.
- Tip at Charge: Choose 'Tip before signature' or 'Tip at signature.'
- Tip Percentage: Determines if the tip will be by percentage of the order or a flat rate.
- Tip Limit Percentage: Enables the limit of a tip by its percentage of the order.
- Custom Tip 1, 2, 3, 4 Amount: Enables the ability to have four different custom tips.
- Default Custom Tip: Enables a default tip based on entered Custom Tips.
- Require Pending Tip Confirmation: Confirms the tip amount.
- Allow Tax Exempt: Enables tax exempt.
- Validate Tax Exempt:
- Adjust Tip Allowed: Ability to edit the tip amount when finalizing check orders with a Credit Card.
- Delay Time for Adding Tip (Minutes): The amount of time the tip amount will remain editable after closing the check
The 'Payments' tab determines what tender types the employee can accept.
- Cash: Enables cash as a payment method.
- Max Per Transaction:
- Cash Drawer: Enables use of the cash drawer.
- Cash Drawer Polarity:
- Currency Conversion: Enables currency conversion feature.
- Credit: Enables credit cards as a tender.
- Signature Amount:
- Enable Credit Chip: Enables credit chip payment.
- Block Gift Credit Cards: Block users from using gift cards (Ex. a Visa gift card).
- Tab: Enable or disable the ability to open checks/tabs.
- Split Tender: Enable or disable Split payments.
- Loaded Ticket/Gift Card: Enables loaded tickets that act as gift cards.
- Custom Givex Button Title: The name of your custom payment method.
- Can Accept Offline GiveX:
- Max Givex Transaction Thresold:
- IS GiveX Member Benefit:
- Givex Member Benefits Label:
- Contactless: Enables contactless payments.
- Quick Checkout: Enables quick checkout feature.
- RFID: Enable radio frequency ID payments from mobile devices such as wristbands.
- Submit with No Payment: Allow orders to be completed without payment.
- House: Orders can be charged to an Account and invoiced later to patrons that typically have an agreement with the Vendor or Venue.
- Choose House Account: Select the account you want to use.
- Use Code: Enables or disables Promo Codes.
- Beacon: Bluetooth payments received from client app users.
- Credit Chip:
- Stored Value: Enable stored value payment.
- Braintree PayPal: Enables Braintree PayPal
- Skidata Direct Payment: Specialized payment for the venue.
- Direct Payment Button Title: Customize the name of the Skidata Direct payment to select during checkout.
- Skidata Loaded Value: Specialized payment for the venue.
- Loaded Value Button Title: Customize the name of the Loaded Value payment to select during checkout.
- Streamline Loaded Value: Specialized payment for the venue.
- Streamline Loaded Value Button Title: Customize the name of the Streamline Loaded Value payment to select during checkout.
- Quick Chip:
- Wristband Promo Popup:
Check Number tab
The 'Check Number' customizes what is seen on the receipt when using a KDS.
- Check Number: Enables adding a check number on orders and receipts.
- Check Number Prefix: An optional letter prefix for check numbers.
- Check Number Min Value: Smallest check number desired.
- Check Number Max Value: Largest check number desired.
- Check Number Auto Reset: Allows the number sequence to start over once the max is reached.
- Check Number Additional Text: Add a note for the customer.
- Require Name on Order: Ability to type in a name to go with the check number.
Splash Screen tab
The 'Splash Screen' tab customizes the visuals on the Activate login screen.
- Background Color: The color of the background in Activate. The changes will be noticed on the CFD.
- Slides: The images that will appear on the Activate log in. You can personalize them with your company logo if desired.