Activate Left Side Menu
The left side menu is broken into two subsections, Cashier and Manager.
The Cashier section includes:
- All Orders
- Check Orders
- Finalize Day
The Manager section includes:
- Mobile Orders Auto Print
- Offline Mode
- Cash Register
- Open Cash Drawer
Note: If any of these options are configured to require an Admin PIN to access (via Permissions Sets - Menu tab), they will migrate to the Manager section of the side menu.
Access the Activate Settings Menu
Log into Activate and hold a finger down on the Account name in the upper left corner until the left side menu appears.
The All Orders tab contains the transaction history made on a specific date or all dates by a specific Account. It lists the orders by Order ID, Confirmation Code, Name, Seat/Check ID, Payment, and Modification Date (date/time it was uploaded to the server).
- Completed orders: Transactions that have processed successfully.
- Pending closed orders: Transactions that have not been closed due to the autocomplete settings (Ex: KDS orders).
- Offline orders: Transactions that are in a queue awaiting transaction upload and verification. For more information on how to sync Offline orders, go here.
- Opened Checks: Transactions that have yet to be closed (typically used in Restaurant mode).
- Refunded orders: Transactions that have been reversed.
- Declined orders: Transactions that could not process successfully.
- Options button: The Options button in the upper right corner allows Print User Local Totals, Print Vendor Totals, Print User Server Totals, Show All Totals, Print Venue Totals, and Clear Database.
Note: These options can change depending on what is enabled in the Permission Sets.
The Check Orders tab contains a list of checks in order to edit and/or close them. For information on how to open a check, go here.
- Closed Checks: Checks that have been closed out successfully.
- Pending Closed: Checks that are open and awaiting closure.
- Offline: Checks that were processed offline.
- Opened Checks: Checks that are open.
- Refunded: Any refunds on checks.
- Declined: Checks that did not process successfully because the credit card does not have sufficient funds.
This is where all synced printers are listed.
This will show any paired screen devices for this terminal.
The Diagnostics tab shows if the terminal is connected to a network, swiper, and/or printer. It will also provide the Device Name, Version, IP Address, Last Check-In, and UDID.
Additional options include
- Enable Barcode Scanner
- Force Check In
- Send Diagnostic Info
- Live Support (iOS only)
- Terminal IDs (iOS only)
- Swiper Info (iOS only)
The Diagnostics page also includes an option to see Swiper Info in Activate iOS v7.15.1 or higher. It will display the pin pad model, S/N, RBA Version, currently installed download package, and update status.
Finalize Day is used to view totals.
Auto Print allows the completed transactions, including offline, to automatically print once payment is received. For more information about the Auto Print functionality, visit Employee Roles.
Toggle Offline Mode to Auto, On, or Off. In the event of an outage or if the unit is out of range of cellular data/WiFi access, toggle to On to queue orders for processing once reconnected.
The Inventory tab allows the employee to view all the items that should be stocked or sold at that specific Vendor. Items can be counted in/out, comps and wastes added and transfers viewed.
Log out of Activate and return to the original login screen.
Open Cash Drawer
The cash drawer will pop when selected.
Note: Depending upon how the Venue is set up in Connect, a PIN may be required for access to some of these features.