Activate Left Side Menu
The left side menu is broken into two subsections. The Cashier section includes 'All Orders,' 'Check Orders,' 'Printers,' 'Screens,' 'Diagnostics,' and 'Finalize Day.' The Manager section includes 'Autoprint,' 'Mobile Orders Auto Print,' 'Offline Mode,' 'Inventory,' 'Cash Register,' 'Open Cash Drawer,' and 'Logout.'
*Note - If any of these options are configured to require an admin pin to access (via permission set - menu tab), they will migrate to the Manager section of the side menu.
Access the Activate Settings Menu
Log into Activate and hold a finger down on the Account name in the upper left corner until the left side menu appears.
The 'All Orders' tab contains the transaction history made on a specific date or all dates by a specific Account. It lists the orders by Order ID, Confirmation Code, Name, Seat/Check ID, Payment, and Modification Date (date/time it was uploaded to the server).
- Completed orders: Transactions that have processed successfully.
- Pending closed orders: Transactions that have not been closed due to the autocomplete settings (Ex: KDS orders).
- Offline orders: Transactions that are in a queue awaiting transaction upload and verification. For more information on how to sync Offline orders, go here.
- Opened Checks: Transactions that have yet to be closed (typically used in Restaurant mode).
- Refunded orders: Transactions that have been reversed.
- Declined orders: Transactions that could not process successfully.
- Options button: The 'Options' button in the upper right corner allows 'Print User Local Totals,' 'Print Vendor Totals,' 'Print User Server Totals,' 'Show All Totals,' 'Print Venue Totals,' and 'Clear Database.'
Note: These options can change depending on what is enabled in the Permission Sets.
The 'Check Orders' tab contains a list of checks in order to edit and/or close them. For information on how to open a check, go here.
- Closed Checks: Checks that have been closed out successfully.
- Pending Closed: Checks that are open and awaiting closure.
- Offline: Checks that were processed offline.
- Opened Checks: Checks that are open.
- Refunded: Any refunds on checks.
- Declined: Checks that did not process successfully because the credit card does not have sufficient funds.
This is where all synced printers are listed.
This will show any paired screen devices for this terminal.
The Diagnostics tab shows if the terminal is connected to a network, swiper, and/or printer. It will also provide the Device Name, Version, IP Address, Last Check-In, and UDID. There are also options to do a 'Force Check In,' 'Send Diagnostic Info,' and reach 'Live Support.'
Finalize Day is used to view totals.
Mobile Orders Auto Print
When enabled, receipts will automatically print to the designated printer for orders taken from mobile devices (Ex. customer smartphones, wait staff, or hawkers).
Toggle Offline Mode to Auto, On, or Off. In the event of an outage or if the unit is out of range of cellular data/WiFi access, toggle to On to queue orders for processing once reconnected.
The Inventory tab allows the employee to view all the items that should be stocked or sold at that specific Vendor. Items can be counted in/out, comps and wastes added and transfers viewed.
The 'Cash Register' allows an employee to enter in 'Cash Start,' 'Cash Add,' 'Cash Drop,' and 'Shift Close.'
Log out of Activate and return to the original login screen.
Open Cash Drawer
The cash drawer will pop when selected.
Note: Depending upon how the Venue is set up in Connect, a PIN may be required for access to some of these features.