The KDS left side menu can be accessed by logging into the KDS application and tapping the Appetize logo/KDS name in the upper left corner.
The KDS Pending tab shows all the pending orders. If you click on a specific pending order, you can either set the order to 'In Process' or 'Completed.' If you click 'In Process,' it will let the system know that the order is being made. If you click 'Completed,' it will push the order from the 'Pending' page to the 'Completed' page.
The KDS Completed tab shows all the orders that have been marked as 'Complete' or autocompleted. If you click on the order, you can issue a refund for an item or the entire order and print the order.
KDS More options consists for 4 major categories which are described below:
The KDS Catalog, found in the middle of the left side menu, allows you to view and modify items.
- Magnifying Glass: Allows you to search for a specific item.
- Infinity 'All': Changes the view based upon category (Ex: Food, Drink, Alcohol, Merch).
- List/Square: Changes the item format from List to Grid view.
- + (Plus Sign): Allows you to add a new item. For more details on this, click here.
The KDS Admin screen provides a brief overview of the event's sales and usually requires an Admin PIN to access. This is only meant to give a snapshot of how things are progressing throughout an event. For a more detailed report during an event, please refer to the Dashboard of Connect.
- Total Orders: The total number of orders.
- Total Items Sold: The total number of items sold.
- Total Sales: The total sales.
- Total Tips: The total tips.
- Fees Collected: The total of fees.
- Average Order Size: The average order size.
- Stats: The current statistics.
- Refunded Orders: A list of all the refunded orders.
- Refunded Items: A list of all the refunded items.
- Print All Totals: Print all totals uncategorized or categorized.
- Today: Select a specific day to view the totals.
The KDS Settings tab can be found at the bottom of the left side menu within KDS. This section may also require an Admin PIN.
- Printers: Shows the connected Bluetooth printers.
- Selected Printer: Shows the currently selected printer.
- Show/Hide Printing Info View: When show is enabled, the screen will display the progress of the printing orders.
- New Orders at Top/Bottom: Determines if the new orders will appear at the top or at the bottom.
- Large/Standard Printing Font: This will print the order out in a larger font via the printer.
- Print receipt once/twice: This will print two receipts whenever an order autoprints.
- Autoprint new orders/Don't Autoprint: When 'Autoprint New Orders' is selected, all incoming orders will print. When 'Don't Autoprint' is selected, orders will only print when manually selected to do so.
- Network Printer Retry Attempts: Drag the button closer to 'Few' or 'Many' depending upon how many times you would like the printer to try to connect to the network.
- Close Sales: Closes all sales and all menu items will disappear from the user's Activate. When sales are closed, this button will read 'Open Sales' so that you are able to reopen.