ActivateX Integrated Knox Security
Device Admin App for Knox + USB automated connectivity
Knox USB management will provide automated USB connectivity so the user only has to allow USB access on the device once, during setup. Should the Samsung disconnect from the pinpad, it will reconnect without requiring a confirmation from the user. Once AX has been deployed through Airwatch on Samsung devices; in order for Knox USB management to work, the below manual steps have to be completed (once), on each device.
- Install AX on the Samsung device through Airwatch. Install AX through Airwatch Console
Install AX through Hub App
- Enable AX as Device Admin App:
- Navigate to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings >
Device Admin Apps
Enable Device Admin for Appetize Activate App by flipping the radio button to ON.
Enable all permissions by selecting Continue. (This step might not appear if the previously described profiles have been applied)
Accept KNOX KLMS Agent Agreement by selecting NEXT (This step might appear after launching AX)
KLMS Agent (Knox License Agreement) Will only show on Android 11
AppetizeActivateApp will show as enabled for Device Admin.
Launch Activate X
Every time after launching AX you will see a short-timed prompt that Knox License validation has completed.
- When the new app is added to the group, you will see that the old version is no longer available. The new version of the app is displayed with an “Update” button. If you select update, the app is then updated and when you log in, you will see the new version of the app and it will retain all settings and will retain its status as a device admin app.
- f the device current version is set as a device admin app - you will not be able to uninstall it from the home screen. You will be required to Navigate to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Device Admin Apps to remove Activate from the list of device admin apps in order to uninstall.