This IPP350 updater process allows you to update firmware on an Ingenico IPP350 through the use of the Appetize POS itself. There are many benefits of keeping the firmware up to date such as security patches, improved functionality and customizing the device settings.
The current process will update the device to RBA v23.51.6 for use with FreedomPay SDK and the Appetize Payment Layer (APL).
- Android - Activate X version 15.2 or higher
- IPP350 in USB-Serial or USB-CDC communication mode (see Troubleshooting steps below to configure)
- At the Activate login screen, log into the tablet with the following credentials:
- User: IPP350APL
- Pass: 1234
- Employee Pin: 1111
- Note: This login can only be used for Android OS to update an IPP350 device to APL.
- Once logged in to terminal, navigate to the Admin Side Panel.
- Select Diagnostics
- Select EMV Terminal Update in the bottom right.
- Once the terminal has been scanned for compatibility it will prompt user to update.
- Device will be updated and prompt to complete.
- Update will complete.
Make sure the IPP350 is on at least RBA version 19 prior to updating.
- If the device is on an older version of RBA, please contact Support for assistance.
Make sure the IPP350 is in USB-Serial mode connection prior to attempting to update.
- Reboot IPP350 by selecting the # and Yellow button.
- Once powered on, watch for the screen (white background/black text) that has tiny text. (Security will precede it).
- Enter this quickly while on the Retail Base Application version page
- Green Button
- F for Menu
- 3 for TDA
- 0 for Configuration
- 0 for Communications
- 0 for Select Comm Type
- Select USB<>SerialConv (CDC)
- Green Button to Save
- Red Button to go Back (hit 3 times)
- 1 for Yes to Save and Reboot
- Proceed with Upgrade steps
Note: Please reference IPP350 - Resolve 'Lane Closed' Message for additional information on updating the Communication mode.