This is a high level overview of how to setup a Venue / Vendor in order to be able to use Interact Web with Ordering API, and which features are supported and which features are not supported.
How do I setup Interact Web to use Ordering API?
- Log in to Connect and select Interact Web from the left side menu.
- Toggle the Use Ordering API flag to Yes.
- If this is set to No then Interact Web will continue to use Mobile API (as it has used exclusively up until the 3.0 release).
- Save the changes.
What other pre-requisites in Connect are there in order to be able to use OAPI for Interact Web?
A Default Mobile Ordering Account must be assigned to the vendor. In order to set this up, you must:
- Create or identify a Terminal Role that can be used with Interact Web
- Create or identify a Terminal Account that you assign to your Interact Web vendor
- Ensure that on the Vendor page, Mobile Ordering is set to Yes
- Select the Terminal Account you want associated with the Vendor on the Vendor page in the Default Mobile Ordering Account field
What payments are accepted with Interact Web and Ordering API?
The only payment option available is credit cards using Elavon as the payment gateway. Support for ApplePay requires an additional deployment, and cannot be deployed on the same environment as someone that is actively using ApplePay with Authorize.net.
Authorize.net is not supported using OAPI
Support for FreedomPay on OAPI is tentatively scheduled for July release.
Stored value, loaded value and loyalty payments will be supported starting with the Interact Web 3.2 release.
The OAPI Interact Web vendors must all use new mods (you cannot have some vendors on old mods and some on new since the OAPI toggle is a venue level setting). Things to note:
- Interact Web does not support Additional modifiers.
- Interact Web does not support Instructions.
- Interact Web does not support nested modifiers beyond the first level.
- Interact Web does not yet support the exclusion of Item Sets from other sales channels.
- Interact Web does not yet support the Interact Display Name for Item Sets (it does support the Display Name).
- Interact Web does not yet support the Display Type or Default Mode from the Item Sets > Display Properties page.
- Interact Web does not yet support the features below from the Item Sets > Items page settings.
- Increases Max
- Exceeds Max
- Exceeds Max Price
- Max Qty
The OAPI Interact Web vendors must use POS Categories (Interact Web with OAPI does not support Category Group 1 and Category Group 2 assignments). POS Categories must be enabled for the Venue, and use POS Categories in order for your items to display on the site. Things to note:
- Interact Web does not yet support the exclusion of POS Categories from other sales channels.
- Interact Web does not support Attributes assigned to POS Categories.
- Interact Web does not support the Icon assigned to POS Categories.
- Interact Web does not support the following POS Categories settings
- Button Text Color
- Button Background Color
- Receipt Trailer Message
- Age Restriction
- Allowable Return Window
- Quantity Required
- Interact Web currently only supports 2 levels of POS Categories.
The OAPI Interact Web vendors must use new day parts. Legacy day parts and manually created item availability windows will not work with Interact Web with OAPI.
Your OAPI Interact Web vendors must use the Discounts Module and not Codes as is used with Mobile API.
Things to note:
- Not all available discount templates are supported with this release. Please work with your CSM or contact Support for more details.
- Interact Web does not yet display discount names or a breakout of the total discounts applied, it will just show a total discounts line in the Cart.
- In order to manually apply a discount to an order, the discount must be configured in Connect with Auto Apply set to No.
The OAPI Interact Web vendors must use Custom Fees (Interact Web with OAPI does not support Convenience Fees). Things to note:
- Interact Web does not yet display any fee names or a breakout of the total fees applied, it will just show a total fees line in the Cart.
- Interact Web does not have any logic to display or report Custom Fees classified as any Class other than Fee.
- Ex. If you set Class to Gratuity for a Custom Fee, Interact Web will still show this as a Fee and roll it into the Total Fees line in the cart.
- Interact Web does not support Custom Fees with a Type set to Custom.
Tax support and logic was modeled after ActivateX.
Interact Web with OAPI will no longer respect the Connect flag found under Mobile Ordering settings for auto-generation of receipts. There is no current way to disable receipts. A digital receipt will be sent to the customer’s phone and email address on each successful order.
The OAPI Interact Web orders can NOT be refunded in Connect. In order to process a receipted refund for these orders, you must recall the order in ActivateX and process the refund there.
Note: This functionality will be available starting in AX v15.3.