The ability to scan items to add to the cart in Interact Web is available starting in v3.1. The settings below must be enabled and configured in order to utilize the feature.
- The venue must be using Ordering API (OAPI) with Interact Web.
- The items must have the SKU Number field populated with the barcode for the item.
- For more information on configuring items, please reference Connect - Items.
Enable Scan and Go
- Log into Connect and click Options in the left side menu.
- Select Vendor Roles from the menu.
- Select the Vendor Role assigned to the Interact Web location to edit.
- Click the Mobile Ordering Transactions tab.
- Toggle the Scan To Add To Cart flag to Yes.
- What devices does this work on?
- By design, if this feature is enabled for a vendor, the “Scan Item” feature will only be available if the user is on a device that has an onboard camera.
- Does this work with item codes?
- No. This feature requires that the item’s SKU be setup in the SKU field on the item and we are not looking at the codes configured on the Codes tab at this time.
- Do I need to enter the full barcode?
- Yes. Interact Web looks at all the numbers present on the barcode and uses that, so any digits present need to be reflected in the SKU field.
- What kinds of barcodes does this work with?
- This should support the scanning of UPCs and QR codes. This will not work with EANs or ISBNs.
What is the QR Code on the order confirmation page?
The QR code maps to the Local Order ID for the order in Connect (not the number printed underneath the QR code). This is used to support scanning from the KDS or AX if a customer chooses to have personnel positioned at the exits of a location to scan and “process” orders to Completed to track who has paid to limit fraud.