Terminal ID Setup
Terminal IDs can be configured on each Vendor to help identify the specific terminal transactions are processed on and for more detailed Sales reporting. The terminal ID will be included in the Local Order ID once assigned in Activate.
- Log in to Connect and click Vendors on the left side menu.
- Search for and select the Vendor to edit.
- Scroll down to the Terminal Identification section on the Details tab.
- Require Terminal ID: Determine if a Terminal ID is required for the vendor.
- Terminal ID Prefix: 20 characters max
- Terminal ID Minimum Length: 10 max
- Terminal ID Minimum Value: Determine a minimum value for the terminal ID.
- Terminal ID Maximum Value: Determine a maximum value for the terminal ID.
Assign Terminal ID in Activate
- Log in to Activate.
- Navigate to the Diagnostics page from the Hamburger menu.
- Select the Set Terminal ID option.
- Choose an available Terminal ID from the modal.
The Terminal IDs will be reset when clearing data locally at the device or performing an Enterprise Reset remotely.
- If the previous Terminal ID is not available to select, set a random terminal ID, log out and clear the stored login cache then log back in and the correct terminal ID will be available again.
- If the correct terminal ID is still not available, please reach out to the Corporate team so they can remove it from the assigned terminals in Connect.
- Please know in the event of an Enterprise reset, Data Clear or Activate is uninstalled the Terminal ID will need to be re-implemented.