Appetize Academy - Permissions, Roles, and Accounts
Want to watch some quick videos on this topic? Check out this course in Appetize Academy for more info.
Employee Accounts are created for any employee at the venue that needs to access the Activate application.
Note: Prior to creating Employee Accounts, Employee Roles must be created.
Create Employee Accounts
- Log in to Connect and click Accounts on the left side menu.
- Click the blue Add Account button.
- Select Account Type Employee.
- Enter the Employee Account Information.
- Name: The Employee's name.
- Known As: How the Employee name will display on the register/POS.
- Login ID: A unique username is required for each employee.
- Password: Enter a password for the account.
- The password is only used for Classic locations that are not utilizing a shared // Terminal account in Activate.
- Admin Pin: The Admin PIN is used by managers to authorize restricted actions such as opening the cash drawer, authorizing refunds, and running the finalize day reports.
- Create a pin between 1-36 digits (Ex: 8000).
- It is a best practice that the same Admin PIN be used for all accounts.
- The admin PINs will not allow the Employee to access those functions but must be configured on each account.
- Employee Pin: The Employee PIN is used to login to the terminal.
- This number can only be used once in the venue.
- Employee PINs can be a number the employee enters on the terminal or a swipe card number associated with employee cards/badges.
- External ID: Optional to use with an external system.
- User Roles: Select the role associated with this employee account.
- Code: Configure if using Dual Authentication when accessing Activate.
- The employee will be required to enter the code after their PIN when accessing the terminal.
- Dual Authentication can be enabled on the Terminal Role.
- Force code reset: Account is set to force code reset.
- Is Temporary: Set start and end days for this account if needed.
- Select the blue Save button.
- Click on the Vendor Assignment tab.
- Use the Assign All or Unassign All for mass updates.
- Select the Check Mark to assign a vendor location.
- Select the X to unassign a vendor location.
Additional Account Options
- Contact Info: Employee Accounts can also have Contact Information entered to use with external time tracking integrations.
- Integrations: Configure integration specific details for the employee.
- History: An audit of the Account changes can be reviewed on the History tab.
- User Defined Fields: Custom Fields can be assigned to the Employee Account.