Point of Sale Items often need back of house inventory items to help keep track of stock. Inventory items can be created and assigned to menu items to deplete stock with each sale. This is ideal for menu items that require other items in order to be sold (Ex. a cup to hold a beverage, a basket to hold french fries, the burger patty of a hamburger, etc.). These items are also called chargeables.
Creating a new Inventory Item
- In Connect, click Inventory in the left side menu and select 'Items' from the dropdown.
- Click 'Create' in the top right corner (much like creating a POS item).
- Enter in the required information in the pop up and hit Save:
- Sales Unit
- Conversion to Inventory Unit
- To tie the item to a Menu item, find and select the 'Product' from the dropdown.
- Click 'Save' to add the item.
- To edit the newly created item, locate it in the list and click to open.
Note: We recommend using a naming convention to differentiate chargeable items from the non-chargeable. Examples:
- Menu item: z - All Beef Hot Dog 5-1 // Inventory Item: @MEAT - 5/1 Skinless Beef Frank
- Menu item: z - Bavarian Pretzel // Inventory Item: @PRETZEL 7OZ
The Product field will only show items that have track inventory set to No.