Follow the steps below to import Employees into the Humanity system to allow time functions from Activate. Once the accounts have been added, positions can be created and assigned and shifts scheduled.
Please reference How to Import/Export Employee Accounts to create and import accounts to use with Humanity.
- Once the import is complete, navigate to Settings on the left side menu
- Select Venue.
- Scroll down to the Timeclock section
- Select the Export Employee Contacts.
- This will provide an example CSV file with employee information that can be used to import in Humanity.
Note: The export from Connect will include all Employee accounts. Accounts that are not using the time clock should be removed before importing the file to Humanity (Ex. shared and generic logins).
Import Employees in Humanity
Once the employees have been added to Connect and the Employee ID has been generated, the corresponding Humanity accounts can be created.
- Log in to the Humanity account that is associated to the venue.
- Navigate to the Staff tab and select Add Employees.
- Employees can be added individually or imported using a CSV file.
- Select the Import .csv or .xlsx File link at the bottom of the page to start the import process.
- To import employees, use the export file from Connect. An email address and phone number(s) should be added to the import file for Humanity to utilize as needed. Phone numbers must be formatted like 111-222-3333.
- Click Choose File to select the export file from its saved location and then choose Import File.
- Verify each field in the file is mapping to the appropriate field in Humanity.
- Select Add Employees! to import the employees.
- The results of the Import will be displayed with a successful 'Saved!' message or errors if the employee could not be imported.
Activate New Employees
Employees must be activated before they can clock in successfully.
- In Humanity, select the Staff tab and choose the Not Activated filter on the left side.
- All employees that are not currently activated will be listed.
- To Activate all employees, select Manually Activate All.
- A window will pop up with a confirmation message, hit OK to continue.