Follow the steps below to import Employees into the Humanity system to allow time functions from Activate. Once the accounts have been added, positions can be created and assigned and shifts scheduled.
Import/Export Accounts in Connect
- Login to Connect and click 'Accounts' on the left side menu.
- Click on the 'hamburger' icon to the right of 'Create' in the upper right corner.
- Select 'Export' from the drop down, which will generate an Excel spreadsheet.
- Fill in the employee information that is needed for each account.
- Once the Excel Spreadsheet has been edited and saved, click on 'Import.'
- Select the edited Excel spreadsheet to upload, and click 'Choose.'
- A message should appear with the status of the import and will state whether or not the import was successful.
- Once the import is complete, navigate to 'Settings' on the left side menu and select 'Venue.'
- Scroll down to the 'Timeclock' section and select the 'Export Employee Contacts.' This will provide an example CSV file with employee information that can be used to import in Humanity.
Note: The export from Connect will include all Employee accounts. Accounts that are not using the time clock should be removed before importing the file to Humanity (Ex. shared and generic logins).
Step 7: Successful Import Message
Step 9: Export Employee Contacts
Import Employees in Humanity
Once the employees have been added to Connect and the Employee ID has been generated, the corresponding Humanity accounts can be created.
- Login to the Humanity account that is associated to the venue.
- Navigate to the 'Staff' tab and select 'Add Employees.'
- Employees can be added individually or imported using a CSV file.
- Select the 'Import .csv or .xlsx File' link at the bottom of the page to start the import process.
- To import employees, use the export file from Connect. An email address and phone number(s) should be added to the import file for Humanity to utilize as needed. Phone numbers must be formatted like 111-222-3333.
- Click 'Choose File' to select the export file from its saved location and then choose 'Import File.'
- Verify each field in the file is mapping to the appropriate field in Humanity.
- Select 'Add Employees!' to import the employees.
- The results of the Import will be displayed with a successful 'Saved!' message or errors if the employee could not be imported.
Activate New Employees
Employees must be activated before they can clock in successfully.
- In Humanity, select the 'Staff' tab and choose the 'Not Activated' filter on the left side.
- All employees that are not currently activated will be listed.
- To Activate all employees, select 'Manually Activate All.'
- A window will pop up with a confirmation message, hit 'OK' to continue.