IP Printer Configuration
To set a static IP rather than use the standard DHCP setting on a Star Micronics printer, follow these steps:
Finding the printer's IP address
- Turn off the Star printer.
- Press and hold the feed button.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Continue to hold the feed button until the Network Configuration report prints out.
- Retrieve the printer IP address (Ex: 192.168.1.73).
Setting the Static IP
- Open a web browser and type the printer's IP address into the URL field.
- Log into the Star Network Utility using the credentials below. If prompted to change the password, select Cancel.
- User: root
- Password: public
- In the left side menu, click 'IP Parameters' and select 'Static.' The current IP address and subnet mask should autofill in.
- Update the IP address to the assigned static IP and fill in the subnet mask and default gateway from the original settings.
- Click 'Submit,' then 'Save' on the left side menu.
- Select the option to 'Save > Configuration printing > Restart device' and click Execute.
The receipt printer should restart and print a new configuration report with the updated IP and Static next to the IP address instead of DHCP.
Connecting the printer in KDS
- Click on the 'KDS' app from the iPad home screen.
- Enter in the username and password for the KDS account associated to that location.
- Press 'Login' and the pending orders screen will load by default.
- Open the 'Settings' menu in the bottom right corner.
- Choose the 'Printers' option and wait for the printer options to appear.
- Select the desired printer so a blue check mark appears next to the name.
- The printer is now configured and orders will begin to print.