*Please be sure tips are added at the gateway portal to FreedomPay orders while in a Pending Status.
If a transaction is captured without the proper tip being added, the tip can be added through the FreedomPay Enterprise Portal, provided the open batch has not been closed and sent for processing.
This can be accomplished by voiding the existing capture and recapturing via the portal to add the additional tip amount.
Steps to Add a Tip
- Log into the FreedomPay Enterprise Portal.
- In the menu, select 'Batch.
- From the dropdown, select 'View Transactions.'
- Select the proper Stores in the hierarchy to left.
- Using the filters, select the proper date range for the transaction you want to adjust. Search options include additional criteria such as transaction amount or a card's last four digits.
- Select 'Search' and the portal will load a list of transactions that meet the entered criteria.
- Before changing the amount of a transaction, the existing SETTLEAUTH must be voided.
- Note: This must occur prior to the batch being closed and sent to the processor, which typically happens nightly. Find the appropriate SETTLEAUTH transaction in the list, and highlight it by clicking once on the row in the data view.
- After locating the transaction, click on the Options button and the dropdown will display the Void option.
- Click 'Void' from the dropdown. The pending SETTLEAUTH will now be voided.
- Next, highlight the relevant AUTH. Scroll to the extreme right of the data view. The auth should have options to View/Void/Capture at the end.
- Click 'Capture' and a dialog box will appear that contains a capture amount and a tip amount. For example, the transaction is $15.00 and the tip added would be $3.00.
- When prompted, click OK to verify that you want to capture the transaction. Click the red X to close the dialog box.
- In the View Transactions data view, you will see a new SETTLEAUTH for the full amount.
- Lastly, notate the new captured amount, tip amount, Request/Transaction ID, and Invoice Number (Order ID for Appetize) and reach out to Appetize Support via email requesting an order update. The tip added from FreedomPay will not reflect on the order in Connect automatically so this information will need to be relayed to Appetize Support so they can update the order and make reports accurate within Connect.
Types of Transactions
Transactions of type 'AUTH' Or 'SALE' should never be voided (to increase the capture amount). This will remove the authorization. Only transactions of Type 'SETTLEAUTH' should be voided in this scenario.