Adding Chargeable/Recipe Items as Depletion Rate
The Depletion Rates tab within an Inventory item can be used to add the items that will be depleted each time the menu item is sold. The example below shows the tortilla chips, cheese and basket that make up the Nachos menu item. Each time the item is purchased, the stock for the chips, cheese and basket will deplete by the rate established.
- In Connect, click Inventory in the left side menu and select 'Items' from the dropdown.
- Select the item you wish to configure.
- Edit or add any settings needed on the 'Details' tab.
- Navigate to the Depletion Rate tab and select 'Add.'
- Select the Inventory Item, enter the Depletion Rate and click 'Save.'
- Continue to add Depletion Rates for any additional chargeable items.
- Once complete, Items can be verified by Printing out Stand Sheets in a test event.
- The inventory item must be created before adding as a depletion rate.
- The only unique field to consider for chargeable items is 'show price.'
- Turn on and enter the price of the POS Item it represents in the counting process on stand sheets.
- Set 'Stand Sheets' to No for the POS Item that is assigned to deplete it if you are only counting the chargeable items.
- If the Inventory Item is only a part of the recipe then no price is needed to show and counting can be turned off.