Offline Mode in Connect
Once in Connect, the device's Default Offline Mode can be set to 'Auto,' 'On,' or 'Off.'
- Login to Connect and select 'Options' from the left side menu.
- Click on 'Terminal Roles' from the 'Options' drop down.
- Select the specific Employee Role and find 'Default Offline Mode' under the general tab.
- Select the edit pencil next to Default Offline Mode and choose the desired option from the dropdown menu.
- The 'Offline Order Limit' and 'Request Timeout' can also be configured.
Offline Modes Available
Auto: This is used for scenarios where the WiFi or Cellular signal is typically strong. However, if the signal goes down or if a transaction takes longer than the time allotted to process the orders (as configured in the 'Request Timeout' in the Employee Roles), it will be then be completed 'Offline.' Transactions will automatically sync as network bandwidth becomes readily available.
Off: This is used in times when WiFi and/or Cellular signals are always strong/reliable. All transactions will be accepted online, meaning credit cards will be authorized or declined at the point of transaction.
On: All transactions will be done completely offline, meaning that credit cards will not be authorized at the point of transaction and all orders will be completed 'Offline.' This creates a risk of accepting declined cards.
It should also be enabled in the Permissions Sets to appear on Activate to manually switch modes if network conditions change during an event.
- While in Connect, select 'Options' from the left side menu.
- Select 'Permissions Sets' and click to edit the appropriate set.
- Select the 'Menu' tab and toggle 'Offline Mode' to Yes to allow the option to appear on the terminals.