The Kitchen Display System (KDS) allows an employee to process orders from a Point-of-Sale terminal and send items to a kitchen server to be made. This is commonly used in Venues with bars and restaurants.
Before using the KDS application, the various aspects of the system must be set up in Connect.
- The KDS application can be installed from the App Catalog after the device is enrolled using AirWatch.
- When logging into the KDS, please be sure to select the 'KDS' app and not the 'Activate' app.
- To determine which app is open, check the login button. The KDS login button is ORANGE, while the Activate login button is GREEN.
- If the password for the KDS account is unknown or the username needs to be changed, log in to Connect and change the password or username in Accounts on the Vendor or Subvendor tab.
Logging into the KDS
- Click on the 'KDS' app from the iPad home screen.
- Enter in the username and password for the KDS account associated to that location.
- Press 'Login' and the pending orders screen will load by default.
Note: If the KDS was recently logged into, the login information may be cached. If this is true, a green button will appear in the upper left corner of the login screen that can be used to login with the remembered credentials.
Logging out of the KDS
- Click on the 'Settings' button located at the bottom of the left side menu.
- Select 'Logout' from the bottom of the screen.
- A confirmation message will say 'Are you sure?' Select 'OK' to continue logging out.